Gingerbread Christmas Tree Decortions
DIY tutorial for beautiful homemade Christmas tree decorations
"Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock
Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring
Snowing and blowing up bushels of fun
Now the jingle hop has begun.."
Turn the Christmas song playlist on and get baking, this time is such a wonderful time. I am so excited about all the different things you can do with gingerbread to make your house pretty for the holiday season. This tutorial is very easy to make, you can use any cookie cutters you like and make your very own Christmas tree decorations. Oh, also I think these are a great gift to give to friends and family in little Christmas goodie bags. Let them decide, whether to eat them or use them as decorations :)
For this tutorial you will need some of my homemade gingerbread dough (how much you will need, depends on how many decorations you will be making, but you can always use the rest of the dough for regular cookies YAY! or make these beautiful 3D Gingerbread Cookie Christmas Trees), royal icing (I use Wilton´s meringue powder* which comes with a recipe), any cookie cutters of your choice, small round cutter or piping tip and some ribbon.
Scroll down for the step-by-step video tutorial.
Happy Baking lovelies! Enjoy creating your own unique Christmas Tree Decorations!
P.S. If you feel like sending me photos of your creations, I would love to see them :)
*The product links on this page are Amazon-Partner links with my partner code. This means I might earn money from your purchase. This will not however, affect the price you pay.
Step by Step Video
1. Make the Gingerbread Dough as instructed here.
2. Make the cookies and cut out a circle at the top (see video).
3. Bake the cookies as instructed here and allow to cool completely before decorating.
4. Prepare the royal icing (piping consistency).
5. Decorate the cookies (see video).
6. Allow the decorations to dry completely. This can take 12-24 hours.
7. Add the ribbon (see video).
8. Your decorations are ready for use.